Is there a way to detect coming projectiles to the player?

DuM

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you can't think of a way to detect inbound projectiles you won't be able to make a useful anti aim either...

anyways:

iterate through loaded entities and check names (arrow, egg, armor stand, whatever entity type the projectile is)

assuming that the projectiles travel in a straight line you can simply calculate their vector by calculating the current to previous position delta.

then scale the vector to your position and check if it intersects with your bounding box/head.

this will obviously be harder if you're checking for plain arrow shots as you will have to account for gravity, launch angle and so forth (sometimes this changes by server). 5kr made a good script for that though.

honestly i'd be surprised if you can make an anti aim that can successfully dodge projectiles without accounting for ping and/or falsing horribly...

good luck

15 hours ago, Idle said:

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you can't think of a way to detect inbound projectiles you won't be able to make a useful anti aim either...

anyways:

iterate through loaded entities and check names (arrow, egg, armor stand, whatever entity type the projectile is)

assuming that the projectiles travel in a straight line you can simply calculate their vector by calculating the current to previous position delta.

then scale the vector to your position and check if it intersects with your bounding box/head.

this will obviously be harder if you're checking for plain arrow shots as you will have to account for gravity, launch angle and so forth (sometimes this changes by server). 5kr made a good script for that though.

honestly i'd be surprised if you can make an anti aim that can successfully dodge projectiles without accounting for ping and/or falsing horribly...

good luck

thank for your advice

• 3 weeks later...